Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sweet Reminders

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for your prayers! So many have reached out to me in the last few days through Facebook, text, email, phone calls, and in person. I am so overwhelmed by this! I am reminded how truly blessed I am to have so many wonderful, loving people around me.

I don't have any major updates at this point, but I am scheduled to have a MRI of the brain and spine, with and without contrast, this Friday (10/3) beginning at 1:00. Please continue to pray that this will give some answers as to what is causing all these symptoms. I am so ready to figure this out so we can make a plan to fix it, or treat it, or whatever it will take to get me feeling somewhat normal again.

In the meantime, I continue to be so comforted by all your prayers. I left work a bit early last Thursday and was out on Friday. I returned yesterday morning to this sweet, funny note from my kids:


I just love this crew! They have been asking lots of questions because I have had to leave early a few times now for doctor appointments, so I decided yesterday to tell them a little bit about what is going on. One of these precious 4th graders looked at me after I finished telling them about it and said, "It's gonna be all ok, Mrs. Motal because God has this!" She went on to tell me about an experience she recently had while getting stiches above her eye (accident at home). She said, "Do you know who else was with me while they were doing the stiches? It wasn't just my dad. Jesus was right next to me the whole time!" Um, SAY WHAT??? Of course, I asked her some more questions about this and she was adamant that she saw him and he was right next to her the whole time. WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!I just love it when God gives us such sweet reminders through kids!

This reminds me of a verse from Isaiah "Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)  Hearing this story from this precious student of mine was a giant, glaring reminder straight from God that He is with me through this journey and He is carrying it all.

Thank you again for all your prayers. I will update as I can.

 Love, Lori

 

No comments:

Post a Comment